Power washing: Why you should hire a professional
Hiring a professional service to power wash your home is the quickest way to freshen up your house’s exterior and prolong the life of your home’s siding. So, you remember the last time you power washed your house? It is ideal for planning a power wash every spring. Over time, it is expected that you will find mold, mildew, dirt, and grime building up on the siding of your house. Still, a regular power wash will keep these issues at bay and prevent the siding of your house from corroding, rotting, and falling into disrepair. You may be thinking you have the daunting task of painting the exterior of your home when really all you need is a professional power washing service to breathe life back into the siding of your home.
Power washing vs Pressure washing
These two are very similar and sometimes are used interchangeably, but they are different. Power washing uses heated water, whereas pressure washing does not. Power washing is best for seriously grimy jobs like mold, algae, and mildew as it will disinfect as it washes away. Due to the heat used in power washing, it is essential to know what you are doing and what is ok to be power washed. A professional will know the techniques to clean certain things that an amateur may destroy if they power washed it, like paint on the side of your home.
Power washing and different types of siding
Before power washing the exterior of your home, it will need to be determined what the siding is made out of. And what the best plan of action is to clean it. We will explore the more common types of siding Stucco, vinyl, metal, and wood.
Stucco – This is a tricky siding to have on your home. It can really benefit from a good power wash since it is prone to staining and discoloration. However, it can also be very quickly damaged if you are not familiar with it. Bringing in the pros is your best shot to clean stucco without any damage being done. A professional power washer will know what nozzle type to use, the appropriate pressure needed, and the proper technique to ensure the exterior of your home is left radiant and damage free.
Vinyl and metal – Hiring a professional to do a proper power wash for your vinyl or metal siding can make all the difference in the world. Over time these materials may start to appear dull and lifeless, and they can accumulate build-ups of dust, mold, bird droppings, pollen, and so much more. They can also appear faded from the sun, giving your house a washed-out appearance. A regular power wash can easily clear up all these problems and have your home glistening in the sunlight.
Wood – This is a softer material used for siding and requires an experienced power washer to ensure no damage is done during the process. Bringing in a professional will make your home’s wood siding look like new, and it will clean away mold, algae, and dirt that may be embedded in the wood or hard-to-reach places. Power washing is also great for stripping old paint to prime the wood for a fresh coat.
Benefits of power washing your home
- Regular power washing removes mold, mildew, algae, and other allergens from your home that may affect your health and as well as your families. This is especially important if you or a loved one has allergies or breathing problems.
- Having a shiny, newly power washed exterior shows pride in ownership and can make you proud of your home.
- Power washing will remove cobwebs and spiders, which means they won’t be heading inside. Most people don’t like spiders in or on their house; it makes your house look run down and unkempt.
- Regularly power washing your home can increase the value of your home by preventing damage from the build-up of dirt and grime.
- Power washing your house is just easier. Scrubbing the exterior of your home yourself is time-consuming and will waste a lot of water, whereas a power wash uses less water and far less time. No step stool is required.
- IF you don’t properly clean the exterior of your house, you may be faced with some hefty repair bills in the future. Using power washing as a way to keep home repair costs down is effective and will have your house looking like new for a lot longer.
- If you are planning on painting your house’s exterior, power washing is effective in removing old paint, dirt, dust, and any debris to leave a nice clean surface for the fresh paint to stick to.
Power washing is best left to the professionals
Committing to power washing the exterior of your house is an investment that you won’t regret. However, it should be left to the professionals. Knowing the different techniques used, nozzle attachments, and the appropriate pressure is vital when power washing you don’t want to cause damage to your house.
IF you are interested in a quote to power wash the exterior of your Texas home, call us today (713) 575-7392, or book an appointment through our website.