Why is Cleaning Your Roof Important?
Keeping your roof clean is a vital part of your house’s maintenance and, if not taken care of, can lead to some significant repair bills or even a whole roof replacement. Cleaning your roof is one of the most challenging house maintenance jobs.
There are two ways to clean your roof. You can use a soft wash or a pressure wash. These both have their pros and cons. It is important to know which method is the most suitable for your roof. If the wrong method is used, you may damage your roof.
Calling in a professional cleaning service is an investment in your home that you won’t regret. They will know exactly how to clean your roof and how to do it quickly without damaging your house.
Why you should consider hiring a professional roof cleaner
- Save yourself the hassle. Cleaning your roof may look easy to do from afar, but it is a lot of work and can be dangerous. Hiring a professional cleaning service to come and do the dirty work for you will save you a headache, stress, and possibly an injury.
- Professional cleaning service will come with the equipment needed and the knowledge to get the job done effectively and safely. You don’t have to worry about buying or renting the proper equipment and learning the right techniques to clean your roof. It is possible that if you don’t know what you’re doing, you may damage your roof and be left with a much bigger repair on your hands.
- When a professional cleaning service comes in to clean your roof, they won’t just spray off some bird poop and leaves. They will remove mildew, mold, and algae that you may not be able to see. This is important to remove these to ensure they don’t corrode your roof or make their way inside your home.
- After spending the day working, I’m sure you do not want to spend your weekend figuring out how to clean your roof properly. Bring in the pros and plan something fun for you and your family to do.
Benefits of having your roof cleaned
Now that we have explored why hiring a professional to clean your roof is a good idea. Let’s examine the benefits of regularly cleaning your roof. Here are the top 5 reasons why a clean roof is essential to the overall health of your home.
- Increase property value
Keeping your home in great condition through regular maintenance and repairs will keep your property value at its highest. Your roof plays a huge role in determining the property value of your home and how well it would do in the market if you were to sell. Cleaning your roof is a vital part of the maintenance needed to have good curbside appeal and maintain its value. Roof cleaning is a small investment with a big return.
- Can keep energy costs down
Having a dirty, unkempt roof can attract heat and trap it inside. This will cause your house to heat up faster and put a huge burden on your HVAC system. Possibly causing it to break down, but definitely causing it to work harder to maintain a comfortable indoor temperature.
A clean roof will reflect the heat away from your house. This will help keep the temperature inside cooler and stop your HVAC from having to work overtime, keeping your home at a comfortable temperature.
Saving money and living a more sustainable life is important, and cleaning your roof is a great way to do both.
- Prevents costly water damage
Dirty roofs run the risk of developing cracks and letting moisture in under the shingles, which can cause serious water damage and a significant repair bill. Leaving debris to rot on the roof is terrible for your roof and will break down its ability to protect your home from water getting in. Aside from having to replace your roof, which is a big expense, you will also have water damage that needs to be repaired. Neither of these are cheap fixes and will cost you thousands in repairs.
- It saves you a lot of money in the long run
As a homeowner, one of the biggest expenses you can have is replacing your roof. However, maintaining your roof through regular cleaning will help your roof last longer and keep it in optimal shape. This is a cost-effective way to make your roof last longer so you aren’t hit with a roof replacement more often than you should be.
- Good for your health
Cleaning your roof regularly will stop mold, fungi, and mildew from growing and getting inside your home. These can pose a serious health risk to you and your family. Mold spreads like wildfire, and if it starts to grow in your roof, it will very quickly move inside your home and spread out.
Cleaning your roof may be something that you don’t consider important or that it’s something you can do yourself. I hope after reading this, you understand better why home maintenance is important and why you should consider hiring a professional.
Contact us today for an estimate on your roof.