What is Soft Washing?
Soft washing is a method used to clean your home’s exterior to wash away mold, mildew, algae, dirt, and everyday grime. It utilizes a low-pressure flow of water and cleaning solutions. The cleaning solutions that are often used are bleach, surfactants, algaecides, and water.
How is soft washing different than power and pressure washing?
They are all similar in the sense that they are all used to clean the exterior and roof of your house. However, they all use different techniques and equipment. As the name suggests, soft washing has a softer flow of water, whereas power and pressure washing have a much more aggressive water flow. If you are not sure which is best for your house, consult with a professional cleaning service to ensure you don’t damage your home or property.
What is soft washing best suited for?
Soft washing is best for anything that a higher-pressure form of cleaning may damage. A professional cleaning service has years of experience and will know what to use soft washing for. Some examples that are perfect for soft washing are:
- Paver, tile, and brick
- Vinyl siding
Should you hire a professional to soft wash your home?
Soft washing, power washing, and pressure washing may seem like something you can do yourself, but it can be risky if you don’t know what you are doing. You may accidentally damage your home or roof if you’re not familiar with these cleaning methods. A few reasons to consider hiring a professional cleaning service are:
- A professional cleaning service will bring their own equipment and take it with them when they go. You will save yourself the hassle of buying the equipment needed and then having to store it after. You can rent these machines, but you are left with getting them home and returning them, as well as actually using the equipment. If you don’t know what you are doing, you may be doing more damage than good.
- Soft washing may seem simple, but it does involve knowledge and techniques that a professional service will have many years of experience in.
- A professional cleaning service will have insurance if something becomes damaged during the cleaning process. This little extra peace of mind is worth hiring a professional over.
- If you have a big home or several areas around your property that are in need of a clean, a professional cleaning service will have all the equipment necessary. This will save you the hassle of doing it yourself, buying or renting several different cleaning products and equipment.
Benefits of soft washing your home
- It is good for your health
It is expected that over time mold, mildew, and algae will start to grow on the exterior of your home and even your roof. Soft washing will effectively wash them away, as well as disinfect them. Everybody will benefit from not inhaling mold spores and allergens, but if you or a loved one suffers from allergies or breathing problems, it is crucial to power wash your house and remove mold, mildew, and algae build-ups.
- Increases property value
Maintaining the exterior of your home will save you money in the long run. Corrosion over time from built-up dirt and grime can hit your wallet hard, and these repairs can be prevented or at least the severity of them lessened by power washing regularly. If you plan on selling your home at some point, the upkeep of your home will increase your property value and put more money in your pocket. Regular maintenance will also increase the overall value of your neighborhood, making for a more desired area to live in.
- It prevents damage and saves you money in the long run
Prevention is key when it comes to dodging hefty home repair bills. Aside from making your home look older than it is and run down if you don’t practice regular maintenance. The dirt, grime, mold, mildew, and algae will corrode your house’s exterior and roof, which will lead to serious damage and is not a cheap or quick fix. Regular power washing is a much more affordable and quicker solution to prevent damage to your home and pocketbook.
- Great for curbside appeal
Creating great curbside appeal is important for a variety of reasons. If you are trying to sell your house and the exterior is rundown, you will likely lose potential buyers. If you run a home business, people may second guess doing business with you. The outside of your house needs to make a good impression on potential clients or business partners. If your house is looking rundown, they may question your competency as a business owner. Soft washing is also great for just simply taking pride in your home. A house is the biggest purchase you will ever make. Why let it look rundown and in bad repair? Being proud of your home means maintaining its beauty with regular maintenance.
- Great start for a home project
If you are planning to paint the exterior of your home, it needs to have a good wash before you start painting. Soft washing will get the job done faster and leave a clean slate perfect for painting.
Trying to paint over dirt and grime is pointless. If the paint does stick, it will peel long before it should, putting you back at square one.
Soft washing is an excellent method to clean your house and roof. Hiring a professional cleaning service will save you the headache of purchasing all the necessary equipment and learning the techniques to ensure you don’t end up with a damaged house instead of the clean home you wanted.
We can help you with all your soft washing needs or questions. If you have any, contact us today to get the conversation going.